As nowadays online search for colleges & universities has increased, it has become relatively common to see educational institutions making use of digital marketing techniques in advertising education to attract prospective students. Even then also many campuses that are siloed but marketing is not in touch enough with department faculty to be aware of the great work happening on campus. With the right kind of digital marketing strategy for education sector, an educational institute can achieve success in its modus operandi of being an attention-seeker during the surging demand for finding information about the college through an online platform.
Hence, it becomes important for the educational institutes to know what actually are the right action plans that should be followed to gain benefits out of their efforts on digital marketing strategy to attract students.
1. Mobile Optimization: Users are now able to access the internet on a number of devices. Though tablets, laptops, gaming devices, watches, and mobile devices are becoming increasingly popular, the number of mobile internet users has exceeded the number of people who access the internet from desktop. Therefore, with an educational website that is accessible on mobile:
- You can immediately engage prospective students or parents with mobile-specific features such as click-to-call, mapping functions.
- It also provides improved rankings on mobile-friendly search engines such as Google and Yahoo, and also allows placement in a growing number of mobile and local directories.
Regardless of, presently it turns into a standard to have a mobile-friendly business site. You can soar your business engaging the mobile users having a versatile inviting site and presentation pages.
2. Technical SEO: It’s helpful to think of technical SEO for educational websites as the foundation of your search engine optimization strategy. As your educational site grows, its architecture needs to be able to cope with the increased and ever-changing demands being placed upon it. The architecture of your educational website can help guide search engine crawlers on their quest to index your pages. Hence, to prevent search engine algorithms from overlooking your SEO-optimized content, it’s important to dig deeper into the architecture of your website.
3. Add Social Media: Since their early days, social media platforms have matured in every way imaginable, it can play a key role in building awareness about your educational institute, differentiating your institute from others in the industry, driving targeted students to your website. In order to create brand awareness to reach prospective students, try to show off what your school has to offer and deliver the content that is relevant to your audience. Creating and sharing social media stories that combine videos, photos, captions, and filters is now easier than ever on most major social media platforms like Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook.
4. Web design: Education institutions need to harness the web to attract students, supporters, donors and build the power of their brands. To keep people interested and engaged on your educational institute website, you need to implement a custom design that reflects your brand and makes it easy for people to find the information they need. It can provide the right information to prospective students and parents, communicate effectively with the student community, reach out to the general public and sponsors with frequent updates and act as a mouthpiece for the organization to the outer world.
5. Content Marketing: Whether you want to raise awareness of your institute, promote a new program, or attract new students, content marketing for schools can help. Today, the ‘quality’ of content is determined by whether the content is capable of increasing traffic as well as page ranking. A content plan is the most important part of a successful educational marketing strategy on digital platforms. Thinking through the questions that the prospective students can ask will help you create content that not only ranks at the top of search results but also provides site visitors with the info they need to take the next steps with your educational institute.
6. Email Marketing: Before you start your college email marketing campaigns, it is essential that you start collecting email addresses of your prospective students and their parents. A great lead-nurturing strategy, email marketing for higher education allows you to follow up with the prospective students and their parents, and send custom information about your educational institute facilities that interest them. Sending personalized, segmented relevant emails is one of the best ways you can increase your engagement and improve overall deliverability.
These were just a handful of digital marketing strategies for education industry to promote your college or university and magnify student interactions on social media. We hope you choose to make them the part of your marketing procedure with our help and watch the skyrocketing growth of your educational institute.